Monday, January 28, 2008

What a start :P

Well, I'm back! Have officially joined the Calcutta office :)

I reached office at 9 am (not coz it was my first day, but rather coz I'm always on time) to find an almost vacant office! There were 2 females though, one of whom let me in, coz I had no access card. She tells me casually that generally people start walking in around 9.30- 10 am and some also come in around 10.30! As usual I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and start off about how people always come in on time in Mumbai :D to which her instant reply is that they work very long hours here and generally are in office till 8-9 pm (which basically justifies coming in a lil late in the morning :P

People here are not that bad really...actually to be fair to them, they are pretty friendly...they'll greet you with a wide grin and a big hi, which was actually lacking in Mumbai...

And I've decided to take it as it comes and not act all snobbish....so am mixing with people, using my broken bengali and trying hard to mix in... sigh... let's see how it goes....

p.s. I Hate Change- you have to re-adjust, make new friends etc etc :(

3 comments:

Aemi said...

Wish you all the best dear for your new assignement. there is one slogan called change happens anytime accept changes and get ready for next change.......

Anonymous said...

itni kya busy ho gayi ki gtalk par baat nahin karti
anyway shaadi walle pics kab post kar rahi hai ?
aur tera number kab aayega :D

---- paro

Shekhar said...

Hmmm.. Nice to know that you're back home. And given the kind of person you are, I'm sure you'll adjust soon enough and be at your best again.

Just a matter of time, lady. :)