Friday, August 1, 2008

It's funny how we often mis-judge your parents....we live under the impression that parents belong to a different generation who will not understand us, our feelings, our ambitions, our turmoils.... we feel they just don't get it. But somehow they always surprise us.. they'll do something or say something which would be so simple and yet so profound that you'd go... "whoa...! where'd that come from!".

I remember this friend of mine from school who was in love with a guy from her engineering days... but she wasn't sure if her parents would agree to her marrying a guy from a different caste... Due to an unfortunate turn of events, this guy lost his parents... and her dad somehow agreed to the union... he said, "the poor guy has already lost 2 of the closest people in his life. If he lost you too, he'd be shattered." That's why he said yes! My friend was like... "I was soo surprised... I never thought dad could be like this!" Well now she's happy and settled in UK.. and i miss her... :)

So basically my point was, "Just learn to trust your parents. They've seen more of the world than you and me... and they care about you and don't want to see you hurt... Just take care you don't hurt them either." :)

p.s. There was an instance in campus, when I needed some serious advice, but was apprehensive about calling dad, coz I'd gotten myself in a mess.... but once I called him, things just seemed so much simpler... and he told me that i had to do what i had to do... and that was that! He was sooo supportive that I couldn't help being bowled over..! :)

No comments: