Saturday, September 20, 2008

The grass on the other side..

You know what pisses me off the most..? When people say things like, "you've got an easy life.." or something like, "tumhara to achha hai... baap ka business hai- jab office jana hai jao.. warna chhutti maar lo..! you're living a life of luxury..." Mera mann karta hai ki aise logon ko ek MTV style ka "one tight slap" diya jaye!

No one's life is easy.. no one has an easy life... and I for one have never felt that i've got things on a platter. I've also had to work hard for things in life... so, just 'coz I didn't take a loan for my MBA education, it doesn't mean that I didn't have other obstacles in my way... try living in a huge  family with loads of expectations from you but yet a family where girls get married at 21. Where completing graduation for girls is considered to be a formality! Where females don't work- because they're not supposed to... !!

When you work in a family business- you have to maaro that much more effort to prove yourself... because, for the person you are reporting to- you are not an IIM grad- you are their 25 yr old son/daughter and you will always remain that in their eyes! You don't have a defined role or defined objectives... you just plunge into it and swim your way around.. you don't even get a salary!!! So I am glad to say that I'm happy and very proud of whatever I am doing with my life and career and I dont need any Tom, Dick or Harry to come and tell me otherwise!

Before making statements like that, realise that different people come from different backgrounds- if you've studied under street lights and yet made it big in life- Good for you... be proud of it... But that doesn't mean that other people don't have struggles in life...! And if they actually don't have struggles- be happy for them instead of making it seem like you're the bigger individual- just coz you've had more hardships in life! 

That's all I have to say in this matter! 

No comments: