Friday, October 5, 2007

Re-look at the previous post

I read Neeta's comment on my previous post (right below), and I suddenly realised that my office isn't all that bad either. I keep cribbing about little things in office like, "There's no canteen", "Food sucks", "It's like a bloody PSU at times", "I don't feel like working" etc.

But I just suddenly stopped and thought that if I could turn back time today and go back to campus and decide once more among the two offers I had, would I take Goldman Sachs over L&T? Do I regret my decision of taking up this job instead of that? Or rather, if I got that offer again today, would I leave this job? Well, I'm glad to say that the answer is no :) I am very happy working here, with all these people who have become quasi-family, who I look fwd to meeting everyday :)

Ami- She's almost exactly like I was, when I first went to K- bilkul seedhi saadhi, gharelu types, pampered and protected :D (Have already brought her on the path of change :P)
Vidya- If I don't chat with her on IP and do some girl-talk, din achha nahi jata :D
Manju- The major bakar that we do on the way to and from office is the best time of the day for me. I think only I can match her enthu and craziness :))
Sandhya- The quintessential late-comer, she comes and goes with awesome style and attitude :P Her favourite quote: "Whatever"
Anil- He's the only Punjabi I've met who likes South Indian cuisine
Nilesh- He's the pakka gujju bhai, who fasts on 3 (?) days of the week! Also the Excell Bond and the guy who says, "Idhar aao mere paas" :)) (That too in a sealed IP Msg :P)

3 comments:

Varun Parwal said...

U know, I happen to have both types of people in my office!! In fatc, I can pseudo-identify with both ur posts!!

I've made some rocking friends here in office but quite a few people who are jealous of my progress!! I guess I only have a way of rubbing people the wrong way!! ;-)

But with most of my friends leaving this job and joining some other company, I'm left having to cope with people who stare at me 24X7! ok ok I guess maybe that;s an exaggregation; I'm only in office for 7-8 hrs newazzz.. BUt it feels weird!!

The office currently does not feel all that comfy, warm & welcome lookin! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.. :-(

RA said...

Exactly :)

There are days when u feel u would never wanna leave this job, while other days when u want to just go and hand in ur resignation :))))

Anonymous said...

I am glad! I was worried for a bit there.

-Neeta