Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Phew! 1/3rd of my Life!

I'm turning 25 tomorrow. There I've said it! I've reached a milestone in life, though I'm not taking any credit for it :)

I don't know how that makes me feel... some times I think, "What's the big deal!" A person is only as old as his heart thinks...and then sometimes I think-"Gosh, I'm gonna be 25!" That's like a third of my life gone (considering I live to be 75!?) :P

Physically, I don't think it makes any difference to me, or my attitude or enthusiasm. Mentally too, I am not really feeling that I've become any older (although I do get into "generation-gap issues" with my younger sister..) What I'm actually thinking about, is about what I achieved in these 25 years. Maybe I'm being a little harsh with myself, but I do think that there are so many people who've done so much more in Life at my age, and maybe I haven't really achieved enough.

Maybe I've done better than some people I know and worse than others. I could avoid comparisons with my peer group and just evaluate myself based on how close I am to acheiving my goals in life... Well not as close as I would like to be, but I'm not doing all that bad :)

Here's wishing myself a Very Happy Birthday..! Hope this year goes much better than the last :)

1 comment: