Friday, June 29, 2007

Hello! Sir? I'm not feeling like working today...


DUVET DAY (doo.VAY day) n. A company-approved day off that employees can take if they feel too tired to work.

This whole concept of Duvet day is amazing...if you wake up in the morning feeling too tired (read lazy) to go to work, you can just call up your boss and tell him, "I'm not feeling like working today".

There is no need to make excuses like "I'm not well" or "I have the cramps"; just say "I'm not in the mood".

Companies allow 2 duvet days
(paid leave) to employees to reduce absenteeism and increase loyalty. The beauty of this is that these are not pre-planned and people do not have to pretend or feel guilty about calling in sick.

Though knowing myself, I'm sure I'll use my 2 duvet days in the very first month, and then will be found cribbing later about how "I din't wanna come to office today" :((

No comments: