Friday, June 22, 2007

Read Bhanu's blog- (dbsingh.blogspot.com)

Read Bhanu's blog today. I was so damn impressed by it I can't describe. That guy has so much passion and intensity in his words, it seriously got me thinking. Someone told me last night that I lack killer instinct. Well, I think that I don't need to kill anyone to survive in this world. There's enough for everyone here.

But the way DB writes about networking/ creating relationships; I was like, "Boss, I should wake up." Maybe the world is not so simple. Maybe all those people who believe in being themselves are wrong. Maybe it is important to don a mask and go, conquer the world.

I was told that in my 2 years @ B-School I would not make any true friends. Sure I would network, which would help me in the long run, but I would not make any "true" friends. Thats coz everyone comes there with a motive and they are out to get you..etc etc.

Bullshit!! I am glad that I found at least some people who trusted me enough to take off their masks for a while...people who were willing to stand by you in times of trouble...who you could call your friends...and I think these people are worth much more than the rest 150 who I did not network with...

I don't think I can treat people like goals or targets. I thought for a while that maybe I should give these rules (of biz relationships) a try...but well, I'm sorry I can't. No regrets either :)

1 comment:

Divyabhanu Singh said...

hehehe your views kiddo... just that everyone doing it...Very few ppl with guts to accept it!! There are a few pitfalls here..u gotta be smart to avoid them :) But that my writing deserved a mention is flattering :)