Saturday, October 4, 2008

How many of you have seen a completely new born baby? Like a really really new born one- only like 10-15 mins into the world... the sight has to be the sweetest, most marvelous and miraculous thing in the world... I am the proud Bua of this little baby and believe me it feels great to be called an aunt :) 
Though if you actually stood back and just looked at the baby you might not necessarily feel that it was the most beautiful sight in the world. It was red all over with some white stuff all over it... was kind of gooey... and the umbilical cord was still hanging out from its navel (don't get me to describe it... it wasn't pretty believe me :)
But yet, like I side earlier, the whole concept of child birth is just so miraculous that you forget all these little things... when you hear the baby cry (actually you can't even hear it, coz everyone around you is going all ooo aaahh.... ) it just feels like wow... and its teeny tiny hands and feet and its red face- they all just seem so special- its out of the world :)

2 comments:

Karra said...

Cool. Is that your twin sister who we met at K that had a baby?

I saw my sister's kid minutes after birth. The hospital procedure is to bring out the baby to show to the people waiting outside.

The part that will remain in my memory for every was the nurse saying in a monotone - "born at 4:32 pm... (referring to a soiled paper that she produced from somewhere) baby girl " (gently lifting the towel at the right place so interested parties can take a peek and satisfy the authenticity of information just conveyed) - and finishing off with a "have you all seen and confirmed?" I found that quite hilarious ;)

RA said...

This is my bhabhi's new born kiddo... not my sister's...

The procedure was exactly the same here as you mentioned... about the doc showing us the concerned parts to confirm that it's a girl :) That was actually funny... hehehe :)