Monday, November 19, 2007

If I had wings, I would fly


Ever thought what it would feel like to fly like a bird? Came really close to it yesterday...one of the most exhilarating experiences one could have- Paragliding in Kamshet

But, if you're expecting to feel nervous or to get that huge scary rush of adrenalin, well you won't- at least not in the tandem ride that I ventured for...it is more like a peaceful flight...and since the pilot behind you does all the work- you get to just relax and enjoy the flight...just feel the wind on your face and look down at the tiny houses and the field and lakes...you can also see little birds flying on top of the trees :)
After waiting for hours for the wind to be just right, I finally got to take off late in the evening- with the setting sun in the background. Those 10 mins must have been the calmest moments I've had in a looooooooooonnnnggg time...I was grinning so much, my jaws were hurting by the time I landed...

It was like I was just floating in the wind and it could carry me off wherever it wanted to... Thankfully, the pilot behind me was also completely quiet and I could just take in everything... Surprisingly, I had thought that once I fly, I would be screaming and enjoying- but I was actually completely awestruck and silent.

Now I know why people from ages, have been trying to learn to fly... am only glad I got to experience something so awesome... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! It's the most awesome experience ever. Though I am surprised your flight was just 10 mins. I took a friend there a couple of weeks back, and he had a looooong 20-25 mins flight with wingovers and spirals and everything! Maybe coz I know the pilots well.

You should try and do their courses. Taking off all alone is the real rush, if you ask me.

-Neeta

RA said...

The wind was really bad that day and we could actually take off for a little while only...but loved the experience :)