Tuesday, November 27, 2007

When men get sexually harassed..!

I recently heard something which made me sit up and take notice...it's not like one does not hear stories about men being at the wrong side of sexual advances; but someone actually describing his experience was a complete shocker. My first reaction was :O and then a small grin and then a full gabbar style roar :D

But then, that's not done. The poor guy was apparently standing in the crowded local, the entire time "protecting" himself and was really MAD about it. But what surprised me was that-
a)he din't say anything to the guy who was "molesting" him
b)he thought it was not molestation/sexual harassment, it was just disgusting

Maybe men don't look at eve-teasing in the same manner as women do. There was no anger at being treated as a physical object or any frustration at the advances. And in fact, if it had been some young girl instead of a sleepy middle aged man, maybe he would have just stood there enjoying himself. And maybe if this was not a one-off incident, but rather something which he faced almost every day, then maybe his reaction would have been stronger.

And ya, maybe I should not have laughed...at least not so loudly :D

3 comments:

Shekhar said...

Ouch !! I'm gonna wear two underwears whenever I travel next by the Mumbai locals..

RA said...

And Calicut too! It is THE gay capital of India...I can tell ya loads of stories of Mallu chettas walking hand in hand and doing what nots :D

Shekhar said...

Yeaaaaiiiii !!!!! How gross is that ??!!!!!