Friday, November 30, 2007

What is with people? Either I have changed too much in the past 2.5 yrs or people have stopped exactly where they were and stopped moving forward. It's true that my idea of "fun" has changed. I like partying. I just like the sound of saying something like, "Let's paaaaarrrrddddyyyy!!" I was a complete geek before coming to K and that place taught me to let myself a little loose and sit back and relax.

And partying doesn't necessarily mean boozing or taking drugs. It means hanging out, listening to music, doing bakar, dancing, pulling each other's legs etc.

Then why do Indians think that it's bad to have fun? You know, parents say stuff like, "She's always out with friends. Uske ghar pe pair nahi tiktey." As if that is a bad thing to do. I don't think there's anything wrong in that. And when, even people of our generation have that backward way of thinking, I just think "Boss, yeh kya hai!" And it's even more frustrating when you tell your friends ki let's meet up and someone says something like "Kya karenge mil ke?" Or, if there is some cause of celebration and you say that we're partying on so-and-so date at so-and-so place, they actually ask you something like, "Kya karenge party mei?" Huh!! :O

2 comments:

Shekhar said...

~same pinch~

Like you know, me currently at home and I face the same problem. Weeknights I'm always home but when I go out on weekends with friends, my parents' blood-pressure reading goes up. They get worried. Arre bhai, they in any case know where I'm headed... I'm more the coffee-shop guy than the disco/lounge bar kind... phir bhi itni tension ki 'tu kahaa rehta hai'. And it's not like I return drunk at night... I go out with two guy friends, we stay up till late, have long chats about what happened during the week, have a couple of bites to eat and a sip to drink and return home very sober. Yet people are like shaking their heads and muttering 'Bad Company'.

Abe duniya ki aisi ki taisi.. I'll enjoy life the way I want to!!

RA said...

eggjhactly...!

what surprises me more is that the people with whom you felt you used to really connect- sometimes I get the feeling that something is missing...