Thursday, December 27, 2007

Calcutta- here I come...

One thing I have noticed is that whenever I have something new happening in my life~ whether shifting houses, taking a new job, going to IIMK for studies~ there is always some kind of resistance. The mind and body are afraid of the unknown. One doesn't know what to expect and there is that natural feeling of not wanting to come out of your comfort zone. Even though you know that it's the best thing that could happen to you- (like K, for me) you're still hesitant and concerned.

But along with that there is this other feeling that you get~ the feeling that this time tum jaa kar bilkul tod-fod macha doge..! When it was K- I thought I'm gonna go and top in every subject and participate in every activity and be friends with everyone etc etc. (I think I achieved a lot of what I had hoped for- forget the grades! :) When I came to Mumbai I was really excited about having my own house and doing it up nicely and seeing Mumbai in all its glory and excelling at my workplace. Now when I'm going to Calcutta (I never say Kolkata) I am again getting that feeling of raring to go. Till now W Bengal has been doing miserably in my company's P&L and I'm telling myself that I'll go there and change the culture of the place (!) and change the way people do business there :D I'm also gearing myself up again to work on my CV, take up projects that I had been meaning to for quite some time. So all-in-all I feel that change is good for me. It somehow always makes me think afresh about my goals/priorities and charges me up even more :)

So Calcutta- Look out..here I come :))

No comments: