Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The countdown begins...

I am getting more and more restless these days. There is a sinking feeling in my stomach that the end is coming closer. I have 2 weekends left in Mumbai and exactly 12 days of freedom left. I like to believe that I am the kind of person who does not like stagnating. I like change. I like the fact that something new is happening in my life. But this time I wonder why this churning feeling in my stomach just doesn't settle down.

I am definitely looking fwd to going back home, to celebrating my sister's wedding, to getting pampered and loved at home, to good home-food. But more than that I am deeply regretting what is definitely going to be the death of my independence. Don't get me wrong- I'm not worried about not getting to stay out late, or not getting to hang out with friends. I am more concerned about the fact that my family thinks that I am coming back to them just like I had left home. That their little girl has had a long holiday and she is back now. But I'm not sure if they understand that I've grown up, and now I like to deal with Life in my own way. I'm also worried that I might mold myself according to the rules of society again and become the "good girl" again- and might forget what it felt like to just be yourself- good or bad- happy or sad- but yourself!

3 comments:

Varun Parwal said...

relocating to cal?? or just coming back for the wedding?? Don't sound so morose!!

Aemi said...

Don't feel depresed yar..... after all family is family that also matters in life....
Who knows you might enjoy more with family than staying alone here.....and that is what i wish for you.......

one thing sure all LTf will miss you..

RA said...

Thanks dear..I'll miss you the most :)