Thursday, December 20, 2007

Country roads...take me home...take me home...

One thing that everyone must do at least once in their lifetime- is to stay away from home. Especially females. You need to come out of that comfort zone and then see what life has to offer to you. And believe me it's not easy. It's not easy to come back home to an empty house after a long day at work; it's not easy to come home and wonder what to do for dinner; it's not easy to survive on McD/Pizza Hut for 6 months; it's not easy to learn cooking right from scratch... it's not easy to spend the weekend doing odd jobs like washing your clothes, going grocery shopping etc. It's not easy to learn to wash your own dishes, when you come from a home where you've been so pampered that you've never had to move a finger. It's not easy to mop and sweep your room and then clean up that dirty mop also! All in all, it's not easy.

Mumbai has taught me so much, it's overwhelming. More than anything one learns that everything in life doesn't come on a silver platter. You learn to value home and family so much more. And more than anything else, it brings you down from your high horse and put your feet firmly on the ground. If IIM K taught me how much I can stretch myself intellectually, staying alone in a big city taught me how to stretch myself emotionally and physically. I'm proud that I survived both the places so well and am returning home a better & stronger person...

No comments: