Friday, November 7, 2008

Life on wheels... :)


The only high I get these days, is when I am on wheels... I have been learning roller skates for a few months now and I love the feeling of childlike glee, whenever I get on my pair of skates.  I am also proud to announce that I am pretty ok on roller blades too (basically, the wheels here, are in a straight line instead of four wheels in the four corners, like in normal skates) 

For those who don't have a decent sense of balance- don't try it.. I consider myself to be progressing really well- and yet I fall a lot :D Believe me, it does become embarassing when you suddenly find yourself flat on the ground with your arms wide apart and your legs at a wierd angle (like an X!!) :P And it's definitely not funny when the entire class starts giggling at your antics :D (thought actually, it is- if you take it in the right spirit :) 

I really enjoy speeding and racing with the other students... but more than that I really enjoy the artistic part of it... I never thought that I could ever do things that I'm doing- skating on one foot, sitting, jumping, skating backwards... you know how you see these ice skating shows on television... I know I can never reach those levels but I am very happy and proud of what I'm doing :)

The average age of the class is 11 but believe me I don't feel out of place... (ya ya... I know K junta will start off about how I was always the kid in the batch!! :D But seriously speaking, I am finding out that it is never too late to learn anything new and you're only as old as you think you are :)

No comments: