Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yippee! I won..!

The last time I felt such a nervousness must have been on our Annual Sports Day in XIIth standard... !! Standing in position, waiting for the whistle to blow and seeing the full stands- believe me I thought I'd pee in my pants :D But well, once the race started I was fine and even managed to come a decent 2nd :)) I consider it decent owing to the simple fact that my competitors were all around 14 yrs and in the final lap I thought I'll simply collapse right there!! I never realised that I was soo damn low on stamina! 

Obviously people at home and some friends found it funny that I was actually nervous for a stupid competition- which was meant for children..! (On my behalf, the turnout was much much more than I had expected... and there were participants from almost all over Calcutta..) But then someone said to me, "Don't consider yourself the oldest there, coz most of the other students have been skating for years... so they are the seniors and you're pretty junior. Fall if you have to today, but win it!" :)

I'm sad that I didn't come first (I could have easily beaten that girl, if my breadth hadn't given up on me :( But I'm happy I didn't come last..! That would have been really sorrowful..! And I got this really nice silver medal... so I'm pretty pepped up... and gearing up for the next competition in December, which is for the advanced category... I hope I don't come in last! :)

No comments: