Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Happy Teachers' Day to me...

Today after a long time I am missing my teaching days. The sense of fulfillment that teaching as a profession can give you, is hard to find in any other job. I had some 20 kids of my own, each with his/her own idiosyncrasies and I loved each of them for what they were :)

Early in the morning when I would be sitting on a mat with the children surrounding me, Anandini (2 yrs old at the time) would walk right in the door and gimme a tight hug and say, "Auuuunnnnttyyyy!" :) Hehehehe...she was this little cutie pie and a perfect angel. She would sit on my lap during lunch break and sing a Bengali poem which the "didis" (the maids/helpers) had taught her.

The one kid I will never forget is Varun M. Chainani (3 1/2 yrs). If you have ever seen a monster, he was the perfect specimen. I think he got some cardinal pleasure if he managed to make me pull my hair out by the end of the day. The days he was absent used to be the best :D Everyone could do their work in peace without having to complain about Varun messing up things and I could breathe peacefully for some time. But on the days he din't come to school, I would miss the small pink periwinkle that he brought for me every morning (plucked out of the school garden, which he was obviously forbidden to do :) I sometimes wonder what happened to my little monster with the front teeth missing :)

Avyay (3yrs) was this brilliant, smart, handsome kid who was made for big things. He would surely grow up to be a heart-breaker some day ;) Rishabh was this fatty kid, Kshitij was the silent one and Zuhaib the seedha one. Among the girls I remember Ayushi, Riya, Joshna; all perfect princesses :)

The thing about kids is that their life is so simple and they love unconditionally. I am glad that they came into my life and gave me so much love and fulfillment. I hope they all turn out into brilliant human beings and do well in Life. God Bless them.

No comments: