Friday, September 28, 2007

About marriage and stuff like that...

I am going to say something, which I think a lot of people will relate too...and what I believe that a lot of people feel, but don't admit it...."I am scared of the idea of Marriage". I don't understand how 2 people can agree to spend the whole, entire, complete rest of their lives with someone. See, people change. I might like someone today, but after 2 yrs, or 5 yrs or say 10 years, he might take up smoking, become a drunkard or could go for a personality change....I don't know....But I'm sure people won't remain the same...Or maybe he remains the same, but I know for a fact that I will definitely change- so I might not like him anymore...fir kya?

And then there is the whole question about a love marriage vs. an arranged one...how can you judge if someone is compatible with you, or whether tumhari usse pategi ki nahi...
how do you know? I mean like Shahrukh says in DTPH ki "Mujhe kaise pata chalega ki this is the one for me? What will happen when he comes in front of me? Will it start raining, will there be violins in the background, what?" At least in a love marriage you know part of what to expect, but in an arranged thing, it is so simple to end up with the wrong guy... what if he turns out to be wife-beater! (Ok, I know I'm acting a li'l paranoid, but there's that possibility).

Maybe I'm just blabbering away...and it't not like I'm getting married tomorrow- but I just don't wanna get married...! And I don't want people around me getting married either!

No comments: