Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Glad that I was dragged out of bed :)

On Sunday morning I was at Marine drive at 6am...! This has to be the earliest I have ever woken up in Mumbai...only because I was rudely awakened by a friend, at 5 o'clock, saying that he was landing at my house in 15 mins and I better be there...&%@$%##@@*@ !!

But seeing Mumbai at that unearthly hour was awesome..! Seriously...the sky was a pale blue colour...not very bright, not cloudy, not sunny....just a simple light blue colour...and there was a cool breeze, making my nose go cold and red... :+)

Walking to Nariman Point was brilliant. It was one of those moments when you wished you could fly...sigh...I just wrapped my jacket closer and walked. I am not a great writer or I would have described the beauty of the scene in flowing words. But in simple language i can just say that I enjoyed the simplicity of just sitting there, feeling carefree...having the wind blow your hair all over your face...not saying much...just lying down and watching the sea...there were 2 fishermen in a small rocking boat out to bait the fish...would be great to try that out sometime...

Breakfast at Frangipani at the Oberoi was an added treat...I ended up signing the bill on behalf of my friend who had to go somewhere...but thats a long story and currently meant to be a secret...but in case I'm feeling naughty some day, the beans will spill out in this very space...so stay on a looking out. :D

P.S. Saw Anil Ambani jogging with 6 bodyguards...kya life hai man...who wants to start the day like that...running with 6 people actually surrounding you as u run...and a car following you...! I'd rather have the freedom to lie on Marine Drive with whoever and whenever I wish :))

No comments: