Monday, July 23, 2007

Red balls of dough in sugar syrup...

Am discussing "How to make Gulab Jamuns" with a guy sitting in Canada at 9am..! Why? Coz we had to come to office early today~ L&T's Chairmain is coming to our office...the office has actually been painted for this great occasion...hahahah :)
Well, back to gulab jamuns~ I know this guy through a mutual friend; have met him only once in my entire life and have done the cursory hi-hellos a few times...and yet I am talking about gulab jamuns (and actually writing about them also :D)!!! Waise gulab jamuns also remind me of a certain visit to a certain restaurant, where I was at my flirtatious best with a French guy :) Even though I don't eat sweets, I ordered for a couple of gulab jamuns and persuaded/coerced him into trying some of India's most favoured mithais... :)
And since we are on the topic, I might as well mention that my taiji (Dad's elder bro's wife) makes the best mini gulab jamuns in the world. My fondest memory is of Urvi (my little niece) stuffing herself with a bowl full of these little red "balls of dough consisting mainly of milk solids, (often including double cream and a little flour) in a sugar syrup flavored with cardamom seeds and rosewater or saffron" (the last bit was copied from wikipedia :D)

No comments: